Recover Quickly and Properly from Your Rhinoplasty
The rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure that has the power to transform your appearance and increase your confidence, but immediately following the surgery you may be feeling tired, sore and a little worn out. Orange County patients who are considering a nose job should know that there are ways to make your recovery as quick and easy as possible.
“Most patients underestimate the importance of the recovery period,” explained Dr. Kevin Sadati. “The recovery process is as critical to the end result as the surgery itself. Patients are advised to follow all post-operative instructions provided to them by their surgeon in order to enjoy the best results possible for many years to come.”
The average recovery time for the rhinoplasty procedure is 7-10 days, with most patients returning to work or school within two weeks. Patients should avoid physical activity, heavy lifting, strenuous exercise and contact sports for at least 4-6 weeks after the operation.
These tips can help make the recovery process as quick and comfortable as possible:
- Choose soft foods that do not require chewing. Sandwiches, yogurt, fruits and soup are all good meal choices during the recovery process.
- Avoid blowing your nose in the first few weeks after surgery.
- Also, consider not laughing too hard or smiling too much. You may experience more pain if you smile too wide or laugh too much during that funny TV show.
- Limit sun exposure as the skin on your nose will be extra vulnerable to the sun’s harmful rays. Wear sunscreen any time you go outside.
- Do not pull your shirts over your head. Cardigans and button-down shirts are the best choices for the rhinoplasty recovery period.
Dr. Kevin Sadati provides each patient with post-operative instructions that address their unique situations. Patients are encouraged to contact the office during their recovery period if they have any questions about their restrictions.
Patients who are interested in having a rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Kevin Sadati are invited to contact his office today in order to set up a cosmetic consultation appointment.